Michelle wins

SG Atlantis® 10:00 13 May 06

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Anyone watched the show??

Just watching an interview on T4, where she says she's heading up a new company for Sir Alan stripping down used computers and selling them on...

Anyone know more?

Cangrats to her for winning, I thought she would beat Ruth and I was right!

Forum Editor 10:12 13 May 06

because nobody's that interested?

The Spires 10:12 13 May 06

I find Alan Sugar to be caustic, rude & I don't have much time for people that swear. For those reasons I didn't watch it.

SG Atlantis® 10:19 13 May 06

It won awards at the Bafta's and this year's rating were huge. 4.8 million viewers hardly counts as nobody.

DrScott 11:08 13 May 06

I suppose FE meant nobody here is that interested...

I watched a bit of the last episode, but it really was about finding few cocky and slightly hopeless individuals and throwing them into the lions' den (rather than dragon's) and seeing how they fended for themselves. The human race will never tire of such gladitorial contests.

I hear BB is returning. I, for one, will be experiencing television without channel 4 or E4 for the next couple of months.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:12 13 May 06

Mafeking relieved as well. Didn't this occur last Wednesday?

'4.8 million viewers hardly counts as nobody'...6.5 million read The Sun as well but it does not mean that it is the best comic around ;-)

Could anyone actually tell me what Amstrad do now apart from the ghastly email phone which is now being flogged at loss prices? I wish her well as I feel that she will need it, stripping down computers and re flogging them when good spec Dell systems can be bought for £299 delivered seems a precarious business plan. OTOH I do quite like Sir A, at least he says it like it is rather than weaselly, sugar coated words. You know where you stand with him.

Shakespeare's original plays had industrial amounts of swearing in them which is why Boswell crossed them all out with a blue pencil (which is where you get blue for censorship) and if it is good enough for the Bard........

Mr Mistoffelees 11:17 13 May 06

and in what way might she be relevant to me?

Mr Mistoffelees 11:19 13 May 06

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people get so interested in such mindless drivel.

SG Atlantis® 11:21 13 May 06

They make boxes for sky tv Gandalf click here

Mr Mistoffelees

Michelle won the apprentice tv show, and I was asking about this company that's being set up to strip second hand computers and sell them on. That she'll be apparently running for Alan Sugar.

I agree with Gandalf's view of this business plan, unless there's more to it than what she said in the interview?

The Spires 11:33 13 May 06

They also made a range of Hi-Fi separates some years ago called the 'executive range' they were cheap & truly awful.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:57 13 May 06

Ahhhh, now I see what they sell. I still have never seen any Amstrad kit for sale apart from HEAVILY discounted [email protected]..at least not recently. Bit of a mystery. As the world and his wife own mobiles, own a home computer, have net access all over the shop and use a computer at work, could someone explain where the [email protected] fits in or am I being daft and missing teh obvious?

I still cannot see how, in a fiercely competitive new computer market flogging 2nd hand rigs is going to be profitable but then again I do not have as much business experience as Alan Sugar...........and the product that last year's winner is touting leaves me speechless unless I want to be impolite which is not me;-)).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…