Michael Eavis goes back on his word

Seth Haniel 11:15 24 Jul 08

click here
and judging by this article has been consuming magic mushrooms

see
click here
Wed, [email protected]:24
The promoters earlier this year
Said it was going to be the last one.......
then killed it off by putting a rapper on as the main 'attraction' !!!!!

Mr Mistoffelees 12:06 24 Jul 08

In an interview, just after this year's event, with BBC Points West, Micheal Eavis said he intended to continue until he is 80. He was 73 at the time of this year's event.

"and judging by this article has been consuming magic mushrooms" I suggest you read the linked BBC article properly. It seems like a very good way to help boost ticket sales and the festival's income.

"then killed it off by putting a rapper on as the main 'attraction' !!!!!" Far from it they were experimenting with something different and Jay-Z proved a big hit when he performed.

interzone55 12:10 24 Jul 08

Did he make you a rock solid promise that this would be his last Glastonbury?

No he didn't. He's just changed his mind is all, and it's every person's right to do that...

Seth Haniel 12:39 24 Jul 08

I read the article that's why I made the comments -so he's been through thousands of people - all of who were not there and the all said how good it was and they'd missed it -

alan14
and they'll probably change their minds too when the tickets go on sale

Mr Mistoffelees 13:40 24 Jul 08

If you saw the local BBC news reports at the time, I live in somerset and I did see them, you would be in no doubt about the success of the event this year.

Seth Haniel 14:48 24 Jul 08

I'm not on about old BBC reportage I am on about todays rantings in the above link.

To quote Eavis "We actually did it [the 2008 festival] cheap - we couldn't cover the costs at that price. It wasn't a loss but it wasn't as good as it should've been,"

Now He said the ticket price will increase to cover costs.

afraid nothing there to endear me to attending ;)

Chegs ®™ 17:21 24 Jul 08

As has been said already,its not just music at glastonbury.Whatever the weather has been previously,thousands attended and had a fantastic time.I have never been,and who knows if I will ever get the chance but talking to a friend who had been to a previous festival makes me think I should go.

If attendance was lower this year,perhaps thats because there seems to be hundreds of these type of festivals elsewhere in the UK and people havent got the spare cash they had.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:34 24 Jul 08

"To quote Eavis "We actually did it [the 2008 festival] cheap - we couldn't cover the costs at that price. It wasn't a loss but it wasn't as good as it should've been,"

Now He said the ticket price will increase to cover costs."

Not what I would call a rant.

Seth Haniel 08:09 25 Jul 08

a lot of my "friends" say I should do this or that - but in the end I'm an individual and have my own likes not a 'Sheeple' amd just because joe bloggs likes it it's great.

Mr Mistoffelees

one mans rave review is another mans rave ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…