Meteor debris falls in Russia

Grey Goo 11:54 AM 15 Feb 13

The remains of an object has fallen on Russia. There are several clips taken by traffic cameras and those with phones showing the brightness as it burned up. This is a little appetiser for the main event tonight when a largish Asteroid will make a very near miss to Earth at about 19.30 our time.I hope the trajectory has not been calculated by Michael Fish.view here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:10 PM 15 Feb 13

Lets be thankful they didn't think they were under attack and launch a retaliatory strike.

I believe from the BBC news report at 11am that buildings were damaged it five cities.

Aitchbee 12:17 PM 15 Feb 13

There's a good chance to observe it's fly-past, as there's a good chance of clear skies tonight ... but you will need binoculars or very keen eyesight to see the 'Olympic swimming-pool-sized' asteroid skim past [us].

wiz-king 12:23 PM 15 Feb 13

Must be a sign of the new Pope coming from Russia.

Quickbeam 12:52 PM 15 Feb 13

Where's Bruce Willis when you need him...?

fourm member 13:34 PM 15 Feb 13

Quickbeam

I can't claim credit for this but there were calls, this morning, for Bruce Willis to be sent into space...

...so he can't make any more 'Die Hard' films.

spider9 16:42 PM 15 Feb 13

fourm member

Sounds like you might possibly have appreciated the way Brucie was handled by "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe" last night on BBC2.

Quickbeam 17:49 PM 15 Feb 13

Bruce must be too busy on this other celestial moonlight job.

Aitchbee 18:18 PM 15 Feb 13

... the BBC link uses a puny 1930's house for size comparison ... what happened to the Olympic swimming pool? Standards are slipping, I fear.

morddwyd 19:33 PM 15 Feb 13

Good job it didn't happen fifty or so years ago, when detection and identification methods were less sophisticated.

Imagine if it had happened in the middle of the Cuban missile crisis!

Bing.alau 20:49 PM 15 Feb 13

Maybe it will be shown on TV tomorrow morning.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone