Metal Detector Find!

Uboat 20:51 29 Aug 10

Wow my cousin has just come back from a national metal detecting competition where some top people where present, A high profile archaeologist was present and my cousin found one of the rarest finds the archaeologist and a tv presenter had ever seen the archaeologist's words where "in the 30 years of doing this i have NEVER seen one of these they are Extremely rare"

Its approx 1700 years old and is a roman coin

Here is the link!

click here

MAJ 21:39 29 Aug 10

Well done to Carl, Uboat, he must be on cloud nine. Isn't it amazing to think that probably one of the last people to hold it died all that time ago, amazing.

Uboat 22:07 29 Aug 10

MAJ hi, yes its amazing! he has only jsut got into metal detecting late last year, he had a old metal detector at first then shelled out £700 for a decent one, when u pay a lot you get a deeper depth/more clarity on what u find etc,

He's over the moon, in 1989 was the last one found and then it was valued at £900 so we are not sure what it will fetch on todays prices?

he's got it put nicely in a plastic bag on top of his tv in the living room :-), i intend in getting a photo of me holding it! a real rarety indeed!
Thankx again MAJ!
UB

lotvic 22:24 29 Aug 10

Nice find Carl
Uboat be sure you get a good photo of you holding it.

Uboat 23:05 29 Aug 10

Lotvic il post one tomorrow he is coming to mine with it! :-)

Quickbeam 03:52 30 Aug 10

I didn't realise that the Romans invented the 'supersize' concept...

Uboat 10:38 30 Aug 10

Quickbeam lol oh they've moved on now-a-days! :-)

Uboat 14:10 30 Aug 10

Ok as promised the coin has been and gone! here is the pics! its Awesome!
The archaeologist who identified the coin was the same one that identified the largest hoard of roman gold coins a few months ago,

click here

click here

click here

click here

Bingalau 14:56 30 Aug 10

Looks like silver to me too.

Brumas 15:14 30 Aug 10

What amazing quality, it is approx. 1700 years old yet you can still clearly make out the writing and the features of the figure!

lotvic 15:20 30 Aug 10

Superb, thanks for posting links to pics :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…