In memory of Roy Plumley

Apron 08:37 22 Nov 06

On another thread FE has said that he would take his espresso machine to his desert island. I would take a hot water bottle. How about you? Stick to the rules - 0ne luxury item only, not alive.

Apron 09:20 22 Nov 06

Sorry pattoo that's against the rules as well unless you build it yourself and then it's not a luxury.

Apron 09:47 22 Nov 06

I didn't make the rules, see the name of the thread.
The hot water bottle is in case I am dying, it's not the heat it's the wobbly comfort. I will need two things when I am dying, the hottie and the Emperor Concerto ( that will be there of course).

Watchful 12:36 22 Nov 06

A Swiss army knife.

Apron 12:48 22 Nov 06

I've spelled the great man's name wrongly. That's Plomley or maybe Plomondely or something else very English.

De Marcus™ 13:09 22 Nov 06

My friend Wilson.

Totally-braindead 13:16 22 Nov 06

Sorry but I've no idea of who he is or what he has to do with desert islands. And since I also have no idea of what the rules are I don't have a clue what to do next.

Apron 13:33 22 Nov 06

Sorry Totally-braindead you must be young. he was the man who devised Desert Island Discs about a thousand years ago (Radio 4 Friday 9am)
If you were marooned on a desert island which 8 gramaphone records would you take with you? The gramaphone is already there. You are also allowed 1 book ( not the Bible or Shakespeare, they are also there). You may take one luxury, it musn't be something you can shelter in or escape in.

Kate B 13:45 22 Nov 06

My luxury is of course a high-powered laptop with a fat broadband pipe.

Apron 13:54 22 Nov 06

High Tec 'phones and PCs have never raised their heads as far as I know so you shall have them. I believe that strictly speaking you are not allowed to contact humans, this tests your ability to bear solitude. I am having a day off today which is nice. Are you all working?

Apron 13:56 22 Nov 06

We all lack style, Hermione Baddely chose the Albert Hall. She was allowed this because she was Hermione Baddely

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…