Meanwhile, in Alabama....

Forum Editor 19:23 29 Apr 11

A twister thought to be a mile wide has ploughed through the city of Tuscaloosa, causing absolute mayhem. click here for information

morddwyd 19:28 29 Apr 11

The size of it was terrifying even at this distance.

Strawballs 21:39 29 Apr 11

I saw that on the news last night, it looks like they have been getting a lot this year and are not into the worse time of year for them.

Forum Editor 22:38 29 Apr 11

I watched some footage on the news tonight. Difficult to imagine your feeling of powerlessness when you see something like that bearing down on you.

Flak999 22:56 29 Apr 11

Yes, after the very pleasant interlude that today has been, it's back to the horror of real life again. Natural disaster, war and murder. back down to earth with a bump.

Brumas 22:54 30 Apr 11

We received this email from our friend who lives in Birmingham,AL. "That was the one that devastated Alabama including Birmingham several days ago. Trees down on houses in my neighborhood, but not on mine. I haven't left my house since. Spent the day hiding from the storms in my basement. A lot of the roads are impassible with tree limbs, and north Bham has human body parts everywhere. Lots of dead." We don’t know how lucky we are!

caccy 14:34 01 May 11

...and Mississippi, not just Alabama.One came within a few yards of my sister in law's house in south west Mississippi.

caccy 14:37 01 May 11

Ooops. Didn't read it all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…