McLaren lodge Belgian GP appeal

Seth Haniel 13:42 10 Sep 08

click here

McLaren have lodged an appeal against the punishment that stripped Lewis Hamilton of his Belgian Grand Prix win.

canarieslover 14:57 10 Sep 08

Until they paint their cars red and put a prancing horse badge on the front they have got no chance of winning an appeal!!

jakimo 14:57 10 Sep 08

It is yet to be decided whether the appeal is legal or not

Marko797 15:17 10 Sep 08

but sadly don't see it getting McLaren anywhere, so aint gonna hold my breath.

As jakimo points out, they might not even be able to appeal under the rules.

ened 15:42 10 Sep 08

They have already shown total contempt for the worldwide audience.

I can easily believe they would be so arrogant as to hide behind the article which says there can be no appeal against 'drive-through' penalties.

But I would like to think (maybe somewhat naively)that external forces will persuade them different.

Coffee Adict 18:29 10 Sep 08

Would it be very cynical of me to say that Mr Mosley has had a lot of bad publicity in the British press and Mclaren are a British team.

Noldi 19:35 10 Sep 08

click here

I can spot a few drive throughs in this clip. To much money involved now.

Noldi

peter99co 20:02 10 Sep 08

It's a racket!

CurlyWhirly 10:26 11 Sep 08

I don't expect Ferrari were penalised in the race before last for releasing one of it's drivers at the same time as another driver was going past in the pit lane?

This was a dangerous thing to do!

If it was McLaren then there probably would have been an instant punishment handed out.

version8 11:15 11 Sep 08

I've lost interest in F1 over these petty arguments over the last few seasons ever since 6 cars raced in the USA.

All this is doing is damaging the sport for the average fan and since the Mosley scandal dragging the sport in to the gutter!

peter99co 11:45 11 Sep 08

Do you think as they are finding it difficult to entertain us with just cars parading round a track, that they are adding drama and mystery to the equasion to keep us entertained? Can't wait for the sex and violence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…