Mayan apocalypse: End of the world.

Chronos the 2nd 13:52 PM 10 Dec 12

All you lot that have done your Christmas shopping already have wasted your money as the world will end on December 21.

Forum Editor 14:05 PM 10 Dec 12

Oh no!

I've just renewed my car tax.

Bing.alau 14:07 PM 10 Dec 12

Patrick Moore must have also seen it coming and decided to get out before it happened.

Bing.alau 14:12 PM 10 Dec 12

Maybe we had better send our banking details to the FE for safe keeping?

Forum Editor 14:19 PM 10 Dec 12

"Maybe we had better send our banking details to the FE for safe keeping?"

You must be mad - they would be for sale on some nefarious website within minutes.

Bing.alau 14:41 PM 10 Dec 12

There's a book about this on the Kindle site for less than two quid.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 PM 10 Dec 12

No just the end of another age December 21, which marks the conclusion of the 5,125-year “Long Count” Mayan calendar.

the date itself involves guesswork since the base date was derived from events that can be correlated with other records.

"The 21st is for giving thanks and gratitude and the 22nd welcomes the new cycle, a new dawn." according to the Mayans

I managed to survive Nostradamus, 1984, the Millennium bug and I intend to survive this as well even if the scientist predict massive sunspots flipping the suns magnetic field and causing earthquakes and flooding. (I live on one of the most stable parts of the earths crust at the top of a hill)

BT 17:23 PM 10 Dec 12

Just paid my TV license :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week