Max Bygraves dies aged 89 in Australia

Nontek 14:35 PM 01 Sep 12
Answered

Obituary here

R.I.P. Max, another of the old Greats gone!

Condom 14:42 PM 01 Sep 12

I went to see him on stage in Glasgow many a time and you always got your money's worth. A true all round entertainer for the whole family.

RIP

kidsis 15:08 PM 01 Sep 12

he was a true professional, I was just listening to his son on the radio and he described his dad as "a great mate" which is a lovely tribute. Most current entertainers are 3rd rate in comparison.

Bing.alau 18:22 PM 01 Sep 12

I think I have probably mentioned this before on here. But I tell my kids that my claim to fame is that I used to sit and have lunch every day for about a month with Max Byegraves. I was working in the film studio on the film "The Cockleshell Hero's" and he was working on a film at the same time. I don't think he ever encountered servicemen like us before and he was great with us all. He was a nice guy. RIP Max!

Bing.alau 18:23 PM 01 Sep 12
Answer

Oh yes! If you're reading this up there Max, Save me a place at your table.

WhiteTruckMan 20:59 PM 01 Sep 12

One has to wonder about some of the adverts that appear on this site. As I type this I am looking between the last posting and the new post field to see adverts like: "Find Max Bygraves Died Here And Compare Offers From 1000s of Shops" and "All About Death In Australia Death In Australia in One Site!".

I'm not blaming PCA, but I have seen adverts in better taste!

WTM

BTW, there are those who will be missed, and those who wont. Max falls into the former catagory.

onthelimit1 21:09 PM 01 Sep 12

I feel left out - i don't get any adds!

WhiteTruckMan 21:28 PM 01 Sep 12

onthelimit1

Thats because you're not dead yet.

WTM

Aitchbee 21:38 PM 01 Sep 12

"I'm a pink toothbrush, you're a blue toothbrush" & "You need hands" will always be in my memory thanks to Max. BYE BYE r.i.p.

Bing.alau 21:44 PM 01 Sep 12

Do you know what? I was just thinking that Aitchbee would come up with a song. I even named the song in my head "I'm a pink toothbrush etc.". Great stuff Aitch....They don't make 'em like that any more.

Brumas 22:22 PM 01 Sep 12

Bing.alau I particularly liked him singing,

'Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellenbogen by the Sea' as you say *They don't make 'em like that any more" ;o}}

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites