Match of the Day 7/10/07

VideoSentry 09:25 08 Oct 07

Did anyone watch it? If so I would be grateful if they could tell me the running order,this relates to my Son staying up to watch Arsenal and still there at 11pm stating that Arsenal had not been on.

RockDockDud 12:51 08 Oct 07

im pretty sure it was first match on

anskyber 13:15 08 Oct 07

Arsenal v Sunderland was the first match on.

Colin 13:20 08 Oct 07

This raises a good point. Match of the Day is on far too late on either night. I think VideoSentry means that his son was trying to stay up later than usual. It's a family programme that could be shown an hour earlier. I appreciate that it takes time to edit and present the matches, but even I'm very rarely awake by the end!

natdoor 14:05 08 Oct 07

I have become convinced that the sequence in which matches are covered is determined by the levelof commitment of supporters, those with the most having their team covered last. Why else would the heroic supporters of the Magpies have to wait till last almost every time and those of the Reds, Gunners and Blues get to see their teams at the top of the programme?

VideoSentry 18:04 08 Oct 07

Yes,Colin I agree that it is on too late; Natdoor, I am not a supporter so I cannot comment.( I gave up supporting a specific club after 5 years of virtually no Saturday off during the football season ,fractured ribs, torn ligaments and 15 + stitches from injuries! .........I was not playing but policing!!!!

mrwoowoo 18:11 08 Oct 07

According to Gary lineaker on 7/10/07 they put the boring/low scoring games on last.
At least thats what he hinted at when he said something along the lines of, "will they break their scoring duck?,since it's on late in the game i wouldn't bank on it".

Legolas 18:28 08 Oct 07

I heard him say that as well so I think they must grade the games as to how exciting they were and how many goals were scored.

Colin 20:27 08 Oct 07

Sometimes I tape it, (it's on TOO early on Sunday morning to watch then), and fast forward the studio pundits bits - that bores me to tears. I like to hear what the manager/players have to say but not what Mark Lawrenson & Alan Shearer have to say. At least Alan Hansen has a sense of humour.

robbiepaul79 15:10 09 Oct 07

Pundits are what make MOTD, cant say im a big fan of MOTD2 but Arsenal more than make up for that ok they won 3-2 and it by the score line was a close game but some of the football was nothing short of amazing.

Your right about the exciteing games though Liniker did say the reason pompey was on later this week was due to there being no 11 goal thriller this week or something to that effect.

Jak_1 17:29 09 Oct 07

I missed it, I wanted to watch Elano's goals again. Watching Manchester City at the moment is just like watching Brazil :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017