Margate Murders

Pine Man 19:22 16 Nov 07

Margate is in Kent but when they show the outside of the house where the bodies are found the major incident van parked there belongs to Essex Police. Whenever the police hold a briefing for the media it is an Essex senior officer doing all the talking.

Can't Kent Police carry out a murder enquiry or am I missing something?

laurie53 19:28 16 Nov 07

It's the murder, or at least the disappearance, of an Essex girl they are investigating, so it's the Essex police who are doing the investigation.

They have just found another body.

Forum Editor 23:14 16 Nov 07

if investigations show that the circumstances in which other girls vanished give cause to believe that they may have suffered the same fate as the two girls whose remains have so far been discovered.

Jak_1 23:17 16 Nov 07

Police Foreces up and down the country are reviewing unsolved murders of girls in light of this case as there may be links.

Brumas 23:33 16 Nov 07

I sincerely hope that this doesn't turn out to be a crime in the style of Fred West.

crosstrainer 07:01 17 Nov 07

I have just heard the news...It seems that tragically, the police are not ruling out the possibility of finding more human reamins at the house.

They say they will be looking for at least another week, digging up concrete and stripping walls, in order to return the house to what it looked like in the '90's when these appalling crimes occured.

crosstrainer 07:01 17 Nov 07

Sorry remins=remains

wiz-king 08:05 17 Nov 07

I feel sorry for any families who have lived there since. Imagine finding out that your house has at least two bodies buried in the garden.

Forum Editor 08:10 17 Nov 07

The family that lived there is being accommodated in a nearby hotel, and will never return to the house, which will probably be demolished when this is over.

Mike D 08:49 17 Nov 07

The man arrested is Peter Tobin; why do I think that I have heard that name previously on the national news?

Mike

Pine Man 09:01 17 Nov 07

It just struck me as strange that Essex Police would be doing it but as has been said the enquiry started because of the Essex girl.

Thanks for your views. I'll tick this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…