Margaret Thatcher unveils her bronze statue

whatustaring@ 07:50 22 Feb 07

Some of you wont remember her & some will hate her whilst others will think shes the best thing since sliced bread...i didnt know she was still alive..?

click here

johndrew 11:28 22 Feb 07

I`m not sure I would compare her to sliced bread, certainly not to her face, I`m not brave enough, but I agree she was the best thing to happen to this country for years.

As for her health, I understand her short term memory is not what it was, but then as we get older.....

My best wishes go out to her.

Sapins 11:35 22 Feb 07

It should have been Gold.

Al94 12:10 22 Feb 07

Like her or loathe her, at least she had high standards and integrity as PM which is currently sadly lacking.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:21 22 Feb 07

'Like her or loathe her, at least she had high standards and integrity'...*cough* Belgrano *cough*.

G

picklsey 12:26 22 Feb 07

it should have been brass to match her neck.

wallbash 12:30 22 Feb 07

A wonderful Woman, wish we had more like her today in the House.

anskyber 12:31 22 Feb 07

She was an important force for change and this country is better for it even though it was a great cost. (that sticks in my throat)

In the same way I think Tony Blair will be similarly remembered.

The high standards and integrity point rather depends on how things are judged and I think there are a number of issues where the standards could be questioned, GANDALF <|:-)> has highlighted one example.

Kate B 12:53 22 Feb 07

Ghastly, appalling woman - though her gender isn't relevant. She certainly did force great change through, some of which I grudgingly concede needed doing, though the manner in which it was done continues to appall me. And as for the Belgrano - and the poll tax, and the flirtation with monetarism ... *splutters with rage*

rodriguez 12:53 22 Feb 07

I was only about 3 when she came out of Number 10 so I didn't really know much about her - however my Dad didn't like her at all. I think I learnt most of my swearwords from him shouting abuse at her on the telly when I a kid. Aparrently he'd shout a four-letter word and I'd be sat there grinning at him as I sucked my thumb. :-D

Al94 13:17 22 Feb 07

GANDALF <|:-)> - may I suggest you try here click here !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced