The man who shot the Great War

Quickbeam 08:41 17 Nov 14

I just caught a mention of this programme being shown on BBC NI tonight, and then on the iPlayer. It looks to be well worth a watch.

But why only show it on BBC NI? It's of national interest.

1]: [click here

Forum Editor 10:20 17 Nov 14

"But why only show it on BBC NI? It's of national interest."

Perhaps it will be shown on other channels, but the NI screening is appropriate because the photographer who is the subject of the documentary came from Belfast.

natdoor 10:38 17 Nov 14

I notice that a gross error has been made in the linked article. It states that the programme will be shown on Monday 17th September! One is used to encountering terrible grammar and poor sentence construction but surely such obvious mistakes should be spotted before publication.

Quickbeam 11:27 17 Nov 14

It was Breakfast news that mentioned it was on BBC NI FE, and then on the iPlayer, giving me the impression that it wouldn't be on in general.

Quickbeam 11:30 17 Nov 14

natdoor, maybe they're doing it in keeping with the 'send three ad fourpence, we're going to a dance' school of misinformation...?

natdoor 09:11 18 Nov 14

Quickbeam

You obviously have a generous spirit to attempt to see a valid reason for the "error". However, I will stick with incompetence and lack of effective editing.

Quickbeam 07:54 19 Nov 14

And the programme? It was interesting and worthy of national BBC transmission.

Quickbeam 07:56 19 Nov 14
  Aitchbee 22:00 19 Nov 14

Thanks, QB. A very interesting insight into a brave young man who wanted the world to see the [real] actualities of war thru' his camera lens; the other soldiers would have seen it [WAR] albeit, only with their own eyes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…