Man Told 'You're Pregnant (With TWINS)

Uboat 11:04 09 Dec 10

You have to see the funny side to this, there is also a serious side too as in why they got it so wrong and has similar mistakes like this happened in the same hospital?

click here

spuds 11:50 09 Dec 10

Put it down to human nature and modern communications :O)

But I do seem to recall a few years ago, of an Indian gentleman who had a part of a twin brother stuck to his ribs or perhaps some other interior structure, which no one knew about until an x-ray was taken in later life.

jakimo 11:58 09 Dec 10

This is one of the reports referred to by spuds

click here

justme 18:52 11 Dec 10

As a point of interest re this story, any man who had a pregnancy test done would be positive.

About forty odd years ago when I was training in a hospital laboratory part of my duties was to do pregnancy tests and if I needed a positive control specimen I had to supply it myself.

The reason is quite simple. All males and females produce a hormone but the males do not use it and it is excreted via the urine. Females who are not pregnant do however use the hormone to regulate their reproductive cycle.

However, while they are pregnant they do not require this regulation of their cycle and excrete the hormone like the males.

It is this hormone which the pregnancy test detects.

Forum Editor 00:17 12 Dec 10

Thanks for that information, I had no idea that was how it all works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…