Magic Wheels?

hssutton 09:44 AM 07 Aug 12

The French are suggesting that our cycling team are using magic wheels. Sour grapes? or have the cyclists/cycles been training at Hogswarts?

hssutton 09:46 AM 07 Aug 12

Forgot he link Magic Wheels

johndrew 09:53 AM 07 Aug 12

Could be the Harry Potter effect

Or

Magic mushrooms

Or

Simply jealousy.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:59 AM 07 Aug 12

"Or

Simply jealousy."

You've hit the nail square on the head! Especially because we got first and second place in their tour.

canarieslover 10:00 AM 07 Aug 12

The same people who reckoned Fabian Cancellara had a motor hidden in the frame of his bike because he was virtually unbeatable last year in time trials and the early classics. I think perhaps the scrutineers might have picked up on illegalities with the bikes. Luckily they limited it to only one entrant per nation per event in the cycling as I doubt that the French would have even got silver in the sprint if Chris Hoy had been in it as well.

Bing.alau 10:09 AM 07 Aug 12

The British cycling supremo on BBC TV this morning confessed that he had told the French that the secret, was in having perfectly "round" wheels. It seems they didn't get the joke and in one of their papers said that we were cheating by using "round wheels"..... Must admit, I don't get the joke either.

spuds 10:10 AM 07 Aug 12

Nothing like a good loser in any sport event. Bit like telling a baby to stop throwing its toys out of the pram :O(

Mr Mistoffelees 10:15 AM 07 Aug 12

"The British cycling supremo on BBC TV this morning confessed that he had told the French that the secret, was in having perfectly "round" wheels. It seems they didn't get the joke and in one of their papers said that we were cheating by using "round wheels"

Perhaps the French would like us to use square wheels? Give their people a chance!

birdface 10:15 AM 07 Aug 12

According to one team arrangers on TV yesterday it was the same wheels used in there last competition in Europe somewhere.

They were put in plastic bags to save dirt getting on them and then used in this competition.

The results that they have been getting is hard training and peaking at the right time.

carver 17:21 PM 07 Aug 12

It's only because the French have 1 forward gear and 5 reverse

KRONOS the First 17:42 PM 07 Aug 12

carver

Ouch.LOL.

I believe the Aussies were also complaining that the cheering was to loud also earlier last week.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 review: Hands on with the £239 OnePlus Two '2016 flagship killer'

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…