Magazine date, a small rant 2.

Mr Mistoffelees 17:53 01 Nov 04

Forum Editor

"This old chestnut
crops up with monotonous regularity, and the answer's always the same."

This continues to crop up because from the point of view of the magazine buyer it continues to look ridiculous.

The marketing reasons given for it seem to me to suggest that the "marketing people" think we are all too dim to be able see which is the new issue.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:59 01 Nov 04

'The marketing reasons given for it seem to me to suggest that the "marketing people" think we are all too dim to be able see which is the new issue'....it would appear that you have not read the explanations carefully enough and, at the end of the day, does anyone really give a pig's burp what the date is on the magazine? One would have thought that the content were much more important.

G

Mr Mistoffelees 18:05 01 Nov 04

I agree it's not important, but is one of those niggling little things that irritate, and not just me it would seem.

Pesala 18:05 01 Nov 04

Subscribers tend to get it early, so December's issue arrives in October, but the Newsagents have to sell December's issue throughout November. If it was called November's issue, they would not be able to sell copies in the last week of November.

This practice is about as likely to change as prices changing from £4.99 to £5

Forum Editor 18:11 01 Nov 04

that no doubt reside in the archive. To be honest, if all I had to worry about was the dating system used by computer magazines I would consider myself a lucky man indeed. It really isn't something that should even be worth more than a passing thought surely?

No more small rants please - once was more than enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…