Madeline McCann

interzone55 14:31 12 May 11

BBC Link

The McCanns have requested that the Government launch a case review of the disappearence of their daughter.

I'm getting mightily sick of this couple. Why on earth should the UK government waste money on a case review when they girl went missing abroad, and if it wasn't for the parents' gross negligence wouldn't have gone missing at all...

Woolwell 14:35 12 May 11

Link seems to go back to PCA.

Concur your sentiments.

interzone55 14:38 12 May 11

Correct BBC link

Sorry, having browser trouble, so copied PCA link into IE and forgot to re-copy BBC link, silly me...

Quickbeam 14:54 12 May 11

This will run for decades. They're lucky(?) that people are still listening to them, anyone else from an ordinary background would just be getting on with life for what it's worth. If she hasn't been found now it's unlikely that she ever will be along with many other missing children over the years.

wiz-king 15:02 12 May 11

Not a problem for our government, no indications (that I am aware of) that anyone from this country was involved.

Proclaimer 15:05 12 May 11

I was just about to post a 'Would you have given up on Madeline' question as I was thinking I would have gave up the 'Keep it in the Public Eye' long ago and probably sat at home just hoping...

I would have though that even if she was found, reintegrating her into the family would be a challenge in itself depending on how she was treated and presuming she is still alive.

Yimbo 17:34 12 May 11

A bit of real compassion needed! No matter what this couple do or don't do, they will NEVER forgive themselves for that night when, in all innocence, they left their children alone while they dined nearby!

That terrible memory will haunt them forever!

Forum Editor 17:34 12 May 11

Everyone can have a view on this subject,

but of course we might all feel a little differently if it was our own child who had been abducted. Saying that you're "getting mightily sick of this couple" demonstrates a singular lack of understanding, and accusing them of "gross negligence" is both callous, and defamatory. You have absolutely no hard evidence on which to base such an allegation, so we'll have no more of it please.

I'm quite sure that the McCanns are capable of torturing themselves thinking about how they might have done things differently on the night in question, without any help from third parties.

As for a government review of the case, I'm pretty sure that the Prime Minister feels immensely sympathetic, as would any parent of young children, but I'm not sure what an independent review is going to achieve. As more time passes the chances of a breakthrough must be receding, but I imagine that the couple spend at least some part of every day constructing all kinds of images of their daughter in their minds. I can only guess at the horror of it all.

sunnystaines 18:04 12 May 11

if you read the web by the portugese officer investigating there were a lot of questions the parents refused to answer---why?

Pine Man 18:43 12 May 11

'Everyone can have a view on this subject,'

'Saying that you're "getting mightily sick of this couple" demonstrates a singular lack of understanding, and accusing them of "gross negligence" is both callous, and defamatory. You have absolutely no hard evidence on which to base such an allegation, so we'll have no more of it please.'

..and as yet there has been absolutely no hard evidence, whatsoever, which supports there allegation that there daughter actually was abducted.

Forum Editor 19:01 12 May 11

Pine Man

"..and as yet there has been absolutely no hard evidence, whatsoever, which supports there allegation that there daughter actually was abducted."

With respect that's a pretty daft remark. An eye witness saw a man carrying a child away from the scene. The girl has been missing for four years, the parents were plainly distraught, and are still actively trying to find their daughter after all this time.

What more evidence do you need? She was abducted by an unknown person whilst her parents were absent. She has either been killed, or is being kept out of sight by someone. The odds are that she's been killed, and the parents know it, but while there's a chance she's alive they live in hope, as you would and as I would in similar circumstances.

Any unfounded allegations or inferences will be deleted without warning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…