this made me smile!

saintorsinner 14:55 03 May 06

Tue, [email protected]:59

"You need to learn a lot about tone in a posting."
even gandalf must have smiled when he wrote this!
click here
for full thread.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:32 03 May 06

Totally-braindead 15:36 03 May 06

I think this posting will degrade into some sort of slanging mattch if we're not careful. I don't think it was advisable to start it.

bosmere 15:38 03 May 06

The heavymetalkid response:

"you need to learn a lot about the difference between a civilised rebuke and juvenile sarcasm"

made me laugh aloud (and hit the nail on the head) :-))

wolfie3000 15:45 03 May 06

Threads like that make me disspear sometimes,

I know GANDALF you are known for not pulling any punches but the guy is only asking for advice we dont need flaming in the forums,

I sometimes come across threads where the answers are blindingly obvious but to others they just dont know,

I like you GANDALF but sometimes i think you go to far.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:01 03 May 06

The guy started off in a very abrupt and 'shouting' manner almost throwing his toys out of the pram which made me conclude that he was of a very young age.

The answer concerning Betas is really simple and is planted all over the web and would you believe it..on the Defender site (.Beta Support Policy:
This is pre-release (beta) software distributed for feedback and testing purposes.)..don't touch Beta copies unless you are happy with a screwed up computer and if your computer does screw up it is no use posting on this forum whilst wailing and gnashing...Microsoft, who need the feedback are thisaway>>>>>>>>>>>>>. If you throw knives you get some thrown back occasionally.

Anyhow he offered to buy me a pint which would indicate that he is taking this a lot less seriously than some ;-)

namtas 16:16 03 May 06

Yeh, true he did, but we all noted he didnt say what was in the foaming tankard.

wolfie3000 16:24 03 May 06

Sorry GANDALF its been a bad day for me :(

I see your point now Betas are risky, I had spybot as a beta on my pc a while back and made my pc crashtasticaly slow,

oh well i had a bag of malteesers brought back for me from the missus so my day has brightened a bit now :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…