Lotto Winner Bankrupt! £10M in 18 months?

tomtu 17:30 18 Feb 10

A damn dissgrace! he should be ashamed of himself! he's now on the DOLE! the sheer amount of people that would of done something with that £10m..

click here

click here

wiz-king 17:43 18 Feb 10

Pity we dont have a few more like him - the amount he must have paid in tax would keep the UK going for a few minutes! *grin*

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:47 18 Feb 10

'However as of February 2010, he revealed that he was back on the dole having spent all of his money on crack cocaine, gambling, his family and friends, electronic goods, cars, prostitutes and gold' and I assume that he wasted the rest.

'A damn dissgrace!'...why? Nobody tells you how to spend your money and how other people spend theirs is nothing to do with you. All the tax he has paid will more than pay for his benefits unlike many of the other wasters who have never paid tax in their miserable lives, so good luck I say.

G

OTT_B 17:50 18 Feb 10

My spending plan for the money would certainly be considerably different, but it was his money to do with as he pleased, criminally or not.

Apparently Camelot are very good at supplying counselling for jackpot winners and make regular calls to make sure all is well. Nothing can be done if the winner doesn't take advice though.

It all goes to show, money cannot change who you are. But it may well have the same effect as alcohol - it just brings the real person to the surface.

canarieslover 18:23 18 Feb 10

Be fair!! He may have won in 2002 but, with a stretch in prison and being out of his mind on drink and drugs the rest of the time, it only seemed like eighteen months.

Noldi 19:00 18 Feb 10

click here

Rings a bell. Hes not the first and not the last.

Noldi

Forum Editor 19:05 18 Feb 10

it took him 8 years. It was his money to do with as he wished, and what he spent it on is no concern of yours or mine.

Woolwell 19:22 18 Feb 10

Another one: click here

Mr Mistoffelees 19:29 18 Feb 10

An idiot and his stupidity are never parted!

john bunyan 19:31 18 Feb 10

"It was his money to do with as he wished, and what he spent it on is no concern of yours or mine"

Correct, but as a pensioner I object to my taxes going to someone who could have avoided relying on me and other taxpayers. His profligacy is astonishing.Too many people make inadequate provision for hard times and old age.(I refer only to those who could afford to do so but choose not to, not to really hard up folk)

Forum Editor 20:00 18 Feb 10

"I object to my taxes going to someone who could have avoided relying on me and other taxpayers."

Yes, and I'm sure we will all agree with you. My point was that it's nobody's business how a lottery winner spends his or her money. This man - as has already been pointed out - has probably paid more VAT alone in the eight years he had the money than many people pay in a lifetime, so in terms of being a net contributor to the treasury he probably beats most of us hands down.

he was 19 years old when he won his money, and that's extremely young - he obviously had no controlling influences, nobody seemed to care what happened to him as long as he kept picking up the tab, and he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. The writing was on the wall within a very short space of time. One look at him with those enormous gold chains around his neck, and two fingers stuck up at the cameras said it all really.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…