LOTSW finally axed by the BBC

TopCat® 18:05 02 Jun 10

A few new episodes will be shown later this summer. click here

All good things come to an end as they say and, after 37 years, I for one will certainly miss their antics and that glorious Yorkshire scenery on the small screen. TC.

canarieslover 19:25 02 Jun 10

There have been a lot of changes in the cast over the years but it has still remained a fairly lovable series.

morddwyd 19:51 02 Jun 10

Although some of the others have been there a long time, I think Peter Sallis is the only original left.

I think I've told the story before about being out of sight round a corner in a bar I used to frequent with a couple of mates.

When a couple of visitors went to sit at the table we often used the barman said, "I wouldn't sit there, that's "Last of the Summer Wine" country!

I took it as a compliment and still do!

Armchair 21:51 02 Jun 10

They should repeat it, from the first programme. I used to quite like it, but latterly they brought in too many weak characters imo.

BT 08:40 03 Jun 10

There's a couple of episodes on UKGOLD most days.

You could never replace Compo or Foggy. I could not get on with Seymour but I think Truly was/is a fitting follow up for Foggy with a similar character.

Recent episodes have only had Clegg and Truly in cameo appearences, probably finding it difficult now due to their advancing years.

morddwyd 08:58 03 Jun 10

I think Blamire, the original, was my favourite "third character".

I though Russ Abbott was dire.

Quickbeam 09:02 03 Jun 10

I thought it was past it's sell by date when Blamire was in it, and he was only in 2 series!

But hey ho, some people enjoy watching paint dry...

Clapton is God 12:29 03 Jun 10

Why on earth it took the BBC 37 years to axe this programme is a mystery to me.

36 years 364 days too late IMO.

Quickbeam 14:08 03 Jun 10

After 37 years they might as well have gone for a grand 40th anniversary finale series...

Armchair 14:28 03 Jun 10

Thanks for the info., but I only have council tv.

ronalddonald 14:51 03 Jun 10

Ooooohhhh eck me friends are going shame on you BBC getting rid of me friends how could you.
WE were a good bunch walking up and down the hills, watching those sheep.

oh wherse me hat and walking stick im off for a walk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009