Lost HD after Acronis backup?

badgery 14:35 24 Jan 07

Can anyone help me? Got a new computer without Windows installed, and wanted to transfer my image using Acronis 8, that I had taken from my 'old machine'.
Everything seemed to be OK, loaded Acronis backup and XP, and re-activated by phone with MS.
Former Desktop and files came up and I was happy - until I tried to use Acronis to take an image, when I got an Error saying Acronis has not found any hard disk drives.
At this point I ran Belarc and found that it had (under Drives):- 20.04 Gb usable HD capacity, 13.40 free Space. This was exactly the same as my previous computer C drive details (the image?).
Lower down it says: Disk Drive (82.34GB)----drive 0
The new computer is supposed to be 80Gb, so I'm thinking that's where the 82.34 comes from?
Under 'Local Drive Volumes' it says c: (FAT32 on drive0) 20.04Gb 13.40GB free.
Can anyone give any guidance on how I can find, and use, the 80GB? I'm lost!!
Thanks.

badgery 14:41 24 Jan 07

Apologies - clicked into wrong section, now moved into 'Helproom'.
Sorry

namtas 16:38 24 Jan 07

"Got a new computer without Windows installed, and wanted to transfer my image using Acronis 8, that I had taken from my 'old machine'"

Did you have any problems when you installed windows to the new PC?

namtas 16:39 24 Jan 07

And just noticed that this is in the wrong section.

badgery 17:04 24 Jan 07

No, Windows installed Ok. Just had problems with the Acronis image.

PaulB2005 17:04 24 Jan 07

I would try re-installing the Image. Somewhere in the process is an option for expanding your old Image into the new disk space. Go through the options slowly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…