looks like war may break out in the koreas

sunnystaines 17:17 26 Mar 10

click here

north korea torpedos a south korean battleship and sinks it with 104 sailors on board some have been rescued

Paul-1379466 18:17 26 Mar 10

I hope we don't get dragged into it, lets hope 'The Special Relationship' is at a low ebb.

spuds 18:31 26 Mar 10

Let's just hope that it was a minor 'incident'.

The last thing anyone would want is a return to the days of the last Korean war, when the then 'Commonwealth' got involved.

Kevscar1 18:33 26 Mar 10

These 2 have been having pops at each other ever since the war. No armisitce has ever been signed so technically they are still at war.

sunnystaines 19:33 26 Mar 10

it was reported on one of the news bullitins that the sunked ship fired on a target first.

looks like while watching a hostile ship missed the hostile sub

sunnystaines 19:35 26 Mar 10

if these two have a major bust up lets hope the USA does not get involved as china will then feel duty bound to back NK

bremner 19:38 26 Mar 10

There is much speculation at present.

The BBC report

"There were reports that another South Korean ship had fired shots toward an unidentified ship in the North following the alleged torpedo attack."

Kevscar1 19:49 26 Mar 10

I was wrong they are still technically at war as only an armistice was signed but this sort of thing has been happening ever since 53. NK commandos caught in SK territory naval firefights, shoot outs across the DMZ this is nothing new.

morddwyd 19:55 26 Mar 10

"they are still at war."

Actually, I'm afraid it is "we" who are still at war.

Like Afghanistan, but unlike Iraq, the UN resolution still stands.

Kevscar1 07:03 27 Mar 10

morddwyd

Actually I'm afraid it is "we" who are at war again. All ours have or will eventually end theirs never has thats 60 yrs now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…