looking to update my pc, please help!

samg 13:53 31 May 05

hello, im looking to update my packard bell pc with more ram, which i was told i could do to improve my pc performance and also the performance of online games i play, but i was looking on ebay and theres is a lot on there, i was just wondering what would be the best way to update my ram quiet cheaply, and i dnt want to buy anthing that wouldnt be compatable with my pc, so does anyone have any tips for me? or would any memory stick i bought fit my pc?. thank you fr your time and help

Yoda Knight 14:42 31 May 05

pull out one of your current memory sticks, take it to pc world / local dealer and tell them your requirements.

Ebay wont save you much, and your safer with reputable shop-based dealers anyway

Joe R 14:43 31 May 05

samg,

you will get more readers and replies, if you move this thread to the helproom.

Also download this free program, run it, and it will allow you to post a bit more specifications on your system. ie, CPU memory type, motherboard etc.

click here

Mr Mistoffelees 16:38 31 May 05

When you have identified your motherboard go to click here to get high quality ram that is guaranteed compatible. Crucial have an excellent reputation within this forum.

polzyboy 21:36 31 May 05

go to crucial site try there diagnostic program for compatable sticks

they got it spot on for my P Bell they were also very competativly priced

samg 00:34 01 Jun 05

thanks for the help people, im sorry im not quiet as good with pc's as other things, i had a look on the site and i cnt get the production line right for it for step 2, my pc is a PB IM5057, and my motherboard name is Gigabyte GA-8SIML, with thanks to joe r for the software, please could you help me out again, thanks a lot

Mr Mistoffelees 09:07 01 Jun 05

When you go to the Crucial site just put in the details for your motherboard.

Yoda Knight 10:13 01 Jun 05

Or do it my way...

scotty 10:49 01 Jun 05

On Crucial site, select iMedia at step 2 then iMedia 5057 at step 3.

samg 12:36 01 Jun 05

cool thanks a lot people, found it, thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…