Looking for free xp sp2 disc..Whats this ?

skidzy 22:24 30 Mar 06

Not sure if i should have posted in the helproom.
After reading a recent thread of someone trying to find a free copy of xp sp2,i thought i would try to find one..low and behold i found this click here

Now if showing correctly on my system its just a load of jibberish gobblygook to me.

I have had a few little problems with my java script lately,so whether this link isnt showing correctly on my system thats another issue to be tended to later.

However,im not posting any problem but just curious to know if any one else is seeing what im seeing,just a lot of codes !!!!

Colinp 23:19 30 Mar 06

No, it looks like a normal web page with an option to download SP2

Regards

ectfabs 23:19 30 Mar 06

Ok on my system but it's not win xp it's sp2 download (266mb download ) also free from ms

skidzy 23:36 30 Mar 06

Thankyou both,it seems i do have a problem and have started a thread in the helproom.Maybe i can get to the bottom of this now.
Thanks again

jakimo 23:43 30 Mar 06

Microsoft will send you free windows xp service pack cd

click here

skidzy 23:52 30 Mar 06

Thanks for the link Jakimo,i had looked earlier but could only find one that sells the sp2 for £6.00
Now going to take a look.

skidzy 23:59 30 Mar 06

J...Can you point me in the right direction for the freebie that can be sent to me...Ive used your link and cannot see anything about delivered,only through updates.
I would like this on disc to keep with my recovery disc,as one of my pc's is quite old but very reliable.

rdave13 00:23 31 Mar 06

Try click here though they charge for "shipping".

jakimo 00:46 31 Mar 06

The link I gave you is on the cd wallet.it looks as though microsoft has withdrawn the free offer.

If your on broadband it wont take to long to download from windows download.

If on dial up it would take forever,The disc says it can be passed on,so if you email me(yellow envelope) with a delivery address I will send you a copy

skidzy 15:55 31 Mar 06

Hi Jakimo
Thankyou for your input and the offer of you sending me a copy of sp2.
Im currently downloading it now.

Ive started another thread in the helproom as i have a problem reading a certain webpage.

The sp2 disc im after is only needed as back up in case of a reinstall,hopefully the downloasd will go ok.I do have broadband at 2.2mb so hopefully wont take to long (20 mins).If this fails ,i will contact you and take up your offer if still ok.

If you have any advice on my current problem,please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again
Skidzy

skidzy 18:41 31 Mar 06

Thanks Dave for the link,this is the address i found earlier and they charge £6.00,i now have it and cost nothing.Thanks again,your help is very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017