Look out - here comes ISON [ from December ]

Aitchbee 13:57 PM 22 Nov 13
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 PM 22 Nov 13

Well the Russians should see this one coming ;0) they have had a couple of near misses in the last hundred or so years.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:23 PM 22 Nov 13

I would rather see a programme after the comet has passed through, telling us what was discovered, than a programme speculating about what might be discovered.

morddwyd 19:33 PM 22 Nov 13

Saw it this morning. South of east, just as dawn is breaking. Got quite a good tail, about as big as the 1857 one for those that remember.

I'm getting the frankincense and myrrh ready!

Aitchbee 19:41 PM 22 Nov 13

Mr Mistoffolees ... all that you need is a clear sky above [look to the eastern horizon] and a willingness to go outdoors when it's freezing, perhaps ... and, no explanations are necessary.

PCA Observer, morddwyd can back-me-up, on this occasion :o]

Mr Mistoffelees 19:48 PM 22 Nov 13

Aitchbee, I have to go outside when it's cold, I have a dog to walk!

You need to do more than just look-up to the sky unaided, to learn from it what the scientists are hoping to learn.

Aitchbee 20:00 PM 22 Nov 13

Mr Mistoffelees ... I'm so glad that I don't have a dog to distract me [ especially ] whenever maurading rogue comets are shuffling about the heavens ... above. ;o]

PS. I don't give 'two-hoots' what so-called astro-scientists may think or conjecture [is that a verb?] about comets!

rdave13 20:11 PM 22 Nov 13

Aitchbee can you sometimes just say what you mean without the jiggery pokery of the English language? Possibly get rid of the brackets?

Just a thought, but your lateral thinking might not allow it. :)

Aitchbee 20:49 PM 22 Nov 13

I will [reluctantly] 'jettison' [into outer-space] my square brackets [never to be seen again] ... there ... they're gone now ... is everybody happy? [now]

rdave13 20:59 PM 22 Nov 13

Aitchbee [ yes at last] {I think}, (may be)

:)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things