Londons newyear parade, did anybody go

sunnystaines 14:06 PM 02 Jan 13

We were in London and by chance heard about this parade. So waited. In my opinion some good floats etc but dreadful management of the parade. loads on big gaps between floats often upto 5 mins. the american marching bands were good and well presented by the remainder had scuffy hangers on strolling beind them and a lot of the bourough floats the people looked disintrested and scruffy..

what was your opinion.

reminded me of the carnival parades each town used to have but without the pride and presentation [except for the americans]

Aitchbee 14:56 PM 02 Jan 13

I like a good parade, as long as it's Not In My Back Yard ...they [parades and marches] usually mean blocked-off roads and disruption to public transport.

sunnystaines 15:00 PM 02 Jan 13

aitcbee, yes were were blocked off, the police let us cut though into te mall to get away. this parade could ave been so good it was suc a shabbles we left half way through.

sunnystaines 15:10 PM 02 Jan 13

my "h" not comimg out

Woolwell 19:22 PM 02 Jan 13

You have not seen a parade until you have been to Washington DC and firstly seen the Rolling Thunder motorcycle parade (around 250,000 motorcycles mostly Harleys) followed the day later by the National Memorial Parade.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:53 PM 02 Jan 13

If I want to see a carnival parade, I'll just nip up the road to this: Bridgwater Carnival

Aitchbee 22:53 PM 05 Jan 13

That Carnival's historical references to the past is reminiscent of the marches that are now banned in other areas of the UK.

... " Once assembled, effigies of Guy Fawkes, the Pope and others who had upset the local population, were added to the flames. From early evening, hundreds of Squibs were ignited in the town centre and a night of merrymaking ensued until the early hours. "

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X