Login Issues on PC

Crosstrainer2 09:18 AM 28 Jun 11
Answered

Is anyone having trouble logging in? I can using my iPad, but my PC just sits at the " Please wait" screen

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:54 AM 28 Jun 11

No its fine here.

birdface 10:06 AM 28 Jun 11

No getting the please wait sign when trying to post but it usually does after a few seconds or so.

Forum Editor 10:35 AM 28 Jun 11

I'm not near a PC at the moment, but there are no problems logging in or posting from my iPad.

birdface 10:36 AM 28 Jun 11

Looks like you were not the only one.link text

The site was a bit slow this morning at times but is Ok now.

birdface 10:36 AM 28 Jun 11

Oops spoke to soon.Please wait was back again.

Crosstrainer2 10:37 AM 28 Jun 11
Answer

Hmm, fine on iPad no go on PC am running full malware scan which I will follow by full av scan. Strange though, I have not changed any firewall or router settings.

Will try again when scans complete. Might be poetic justice as I am not allowed to sit at the computer anyway :))

Crosstrainer2 12:12 PM 28 Jun 11

Complete av and anti- malware scans report clean. Still no joy, PC sits at the login screen with " please wait" I waited, and waited and for good measure I waited some more. No go.

My iPad works fine. I have a theory: the iPad remembers me so I do not have to login every time I want to visit the site.

I have tried logging out from my iPad, still no joy. Going back to my iPad reveals that I'm still logged in despite logging out previously. Could this be a clue?

Crosstrainer2 15:04 PM 28 Jun 11

Have now managed to log in! but i've forgotten what I was going to post :)) will tick resolved!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites