logging in and posting; a bit fiddly?

p;3 01:48 10 Nov 05

I find it somewhat strange and a bit disconcerting that, when one wishes to reply to a thread and one is not logged in, one is taken to the bottom of the thread one wishes to post in and has to scroll to the top of the forum to log in; can the login tab not be presented when one presses reply so that one can log in more easily instead of having to scroll to the top of the forum to find the log in? feels too fiddly at present; or is it only me that feels that way?

Chegs ® 03:23 10 Nov 05

Erm...I think its just you. :-)

I would like for (in very long threads)to not get returned to page one after posting my reply on page 2/3/4,etc.

ajm 08:01 10 Nov 05

check here click here

€dstowe 08:41 10 Nov 05

Following the minor teething problems at the start of the new look, I've not had to re-login at all.

Each time I start up PCA there it is ready and waiting for me to do whatever.

CurlyWhirly 17:23 10 Nov 05

I *never* log out as I don't see the point.
This means that when I re-visit PCA at a later time, I am already logged in and don't have to find the log-in tab.

At first the 'auto-log in process' had a few teething problems but since they were resolved, I haven't had to log-in once.

watchful 18:05 10 Nov 05

I also stay 'Logged in' and no problems.

Forum Editor 18:10 10 Nov 05

we want to leave the site to settle for a while now - I think we've done enough tweaking to last us well into the new year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…