local elections

Quiller. 18:33 PM 01 May 12

Do you have local elections in your area on Thursday?

Will you be voting or cannot be bothered.

The wife and I will be popping down to stick an X on the forms.

Mr Mistoffelees 13:16 PM 03 May 12

If you are too bloody lazy, or apathetic, to vote, you might as well go and live in a dictatorship, North Korea perhaps.

spuds 16:00 PM 03 May 12

At least with a dictatorship, you have a very good chance that the leadership is corrupt, and that you obey them!.

Aitchbee 16:34 PM 03 May 12

I voted early this morning at my local primary school in Glasgow...it's a new system of voting - you have to put your preferences on the voting form with numbers instead of an X cross i.e. 1, 2, 3, ....

It was a bit like being in the bookies...I hope my 'bet' comes up :o)

Shopgirl 22:23 PM 03 May 12

I did not vote. Its a waste of time. Instead after working hard I went home and took it easy.

Forum Editor 22:38 PM 03 May 12

"I did not vote. Its a waste of time."

You're obviously free to make that choice. Fortunately a lot of other people don't share your view. They don't think it's a waste of time to vote for the people they want to be governed by. They think that the democratic process is important, and they know that life without it might be as horrific as it is for the citizens of many countries who don't have democratic government.

Lots of us worked hard today, and lots of us voted at some point. It isn't such a difficult thing to do.

namtas 09:06 AM 04 May 12

If you look at last nights results, I am sure that Shopgirl did not vote because it was too difficult, she probably like many others is totally disillusioned with politics and politicians.

finerty 10:07 AM 04 May 12

Just remember most of these tory and liberal demo MP's mothers must of claimed some kind of benefits in the past. and yet they want to cut and stop benefits. Not everyone should be penalized by a tory idiotic government.

The more cuts they make the more problems they make, not all technology can solve issues.

spuds 14:11 PM 04 May 12

Just checked the London Elects website, and there appears to be no information yet on the results or turn-out. Counting should have started at 8.45am.

morddwyd 20:40 PM 04 May 12

In one ward in Edinburgh the Lib Dem candidate got fewer votes than a candidate called Professor Pengoo, a penguin!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-17958085 (Para 6)

Time for Nick Clegg to re-group methinks.

john bunyan 20:43 PM 04 May 12

What happened to the Monster Raving Loony Party?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know