Lloyds TSB Bank A/c SCAM EMAIL

Technotiger 08:12 16 Jun 07

Hi all, I have received email purporting to be from LLoyds TSB asking me to update my account details by clicking on a link in the email to go to the Lloyds on-line service to update all my details - I DON'T EVEN HAVE A LLOYDS TSB BANK ACCOUNT!! Hence this warning.

I am also putting this in the other PCA Forums.

Forum Editor 08:19 16 Jun 07

on the same subject. These bank emails are commonplace, and this one isn't new, it's been doing the rounds for some time.

Technotiger 08:29 16 Jun 07

Hi Peter, sorry 'bout that then, first time I had seen it. Thought I was doing the correct thing. Will know in future. I have not looked but I guess you have removed all my other posts. Cheers. John.

sunny staines 08:38 16 Jun 07

i had an email thought it was a scam. had a picture of pinoccio on a lloyds email. i thought no bank is going to have a character that tells lies advertising its products, also info about us was wrong on the email. printed it took into into out branch only to be told it was genuine email from the bank.

Forum Editor 11:17 16 Jun 07

it's always a bit worrying when you see one of these emails for the first time. Most of the banks are accustomed to them by now, and many people have received dozens of them - I certainly have.

The important thing to remember is that no bank will ever contact you by email and ask you to confirm or update your account details.

Nibblerman 13:31 16 Jun 07

& to add to Peter's reply even if they (your bank)contact you by phone cause some of them do make sure you ask them to confirm some of your personal details before you go into details with them & if they are who they say they are they would have concrete knowledge of you.

most of this is a everyday thing & its common sense now that should kick in when reciving a email,however if your new the the net its a dangerous & worrying place,

i belive that now majority of online users are wise to these scam's or spam which in turn give's the offenders a hard time as most of them would struggle to make another scam.

Si_L 16:21 16 Jun 07

I had one from 'Halifax' saying that the data in their computers had become corrupt. I was asked to send them my account number, sort code, card number and security code.

I happily obliged of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple