Living on the edge "literally"

royalflush 12:23 26 Mar 07

Just been sent this from a freind sounds like & looks like there kinda desperate eh look at the photo's

click here

silverous 12:41 26 Mar 07

Taking forever to load up the page for me, either it has become very popular or I'm impatient! What is it!?

bennyhillslovechild 12:42 26 Mar 07

Blimey! That would make me a tad nervous - but what a view!

Monoux 12:42 26 Mar 07

very slow for me too - have given up - too impatient

royalflush 13:17 26 Mar 07

i think the reason the page is taking sooooo long is just traffic....but its worth looking back later

g0slp 14:07 26 Mar 07

I wonder if they will get anything from Mr Pearson - after all, talk is cheap...

An interesting comment was made in the article as to about whether sea defences placed elsewhere have exacerbated the situation.

I recall a hotel in the Scarborough area falling into the sea a few years ago, so coastal erosion isn't exactly new along that coast.

Anyway, I do hope that there is a satisfactory outcome for this couple.

Thanks to royalflush for posting the link.

Pamy 17:15 26 Mar 07

from the way it looks I do not think they will have to pay to have it demolished , the sea will do it for them

thospot 17:39 26 Mar 07

Several years ago I went to buy a bungalow on the east coast near the sea until I checked up on the coastal erosion. I phoned the local council and their technical people. They told me that it would not be too safe a proposition.
I told them that I would stay in Nottingham and wait for the sea to come to me.

rodriguez 17:41 26 Mar 07

It loaded up straight away for me which is strange, anyway I wouldn't want to live there. Even if I don't have to bother washing the caravan.

octal 17:47 26 Mar 07

What's climate change got to do with it? The east coast has been eaten away for millions of years, I thought everyone knew that. I would take a very long hard look at anywhere I was buying property near the sea.

thospot 18:16 26 Mar 07

Climate change?.
It's not been mentioned...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac