Live music

Si_L 15:54 16 May 09

Went to a concert last night in Swindon to see a chap called Andy Mckee. I think I might have mentioned him before on the forums, he plays instrumental acoustic very well, I know there are people on here who would appreciate his music, you can listen to it if you click here

He was supported by Tony McManus (a very funny guy, if he stopped playing he could make a living doing stand-up) and Jonnie Dickinson, who plays some amazing slide guitar.

Anyone been to any good live shows recently?

OTT_Buzzard 16:07 16 May 09

Anyone been to any good live shows recently?

No, but that sounded good....if only i'd have know. I live just outside Swindon lol.

Clapton is God 11:09 17 May 09

Yep, I have.

I've spoken about my elder daughter's boyfriend - Dudley Ross - in the Forums before.

He released his debut album - The Note that Told a Thousand Tales - in March and I went along to the album launch concert in Canterbury on 27 April.

IMO the album is superb and the concert was stunning - 16 musicians on stage with Dudley including Simon Foster of the Flying Pickets, Ben Mills of X Factor fame and Paul Booth (sax) who’s previously played with Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood.

Clips from the concert and album are here click here

I’m next off to see Mr Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday.

cycoze 12:21 17 May 09

Saw Gary Moore a few weeks ago, supported by Buddy Whittington whom I had never heard of before, both were brilliant, I am not a big fan, unlike my Wife who agreed to gig swap, her choice this time, my choice next time.

I had seen Gary Moore a couple of years ago and was disappointed as the gig was way to quiet, don't want my ears to bleed but it was ridiculously quiet, anyway this time around the volume was more acceptable and he put on a fantastic gig, played for about two and a quarter hours, both old and new tunes.

Seth Haniel 12:52 17 May 09

with support by Six Inch Ninja
Maggie Bell with Dave Taylor two weeks ago

'a strong believer in Keep Music Live'
click here

Quickbeam 13:01 17 May 09

and it doesn't have to be a known name to be good. There are lots of local live bands playing all over the country that have yet to be discovered, and lots that are good and never will get discovered or a recording contract.

I've seen some great new acts in the seventies that made it big within six months of seeing them on the small band circuit. That is the best time to see great talent, before they lose the personal touch with the smaller audiences they get.

Pesala 13:25 17 May 09

Raindigger: click here

canarieslover 14:58 17 May 09

I absolutely love live music but I must admit to being carried away by the atmosphere generated at live gigs to the extent that I have bought a tape or CD of the performers. In the comfort of my own home I realise that the performers were not as good as they appeared to be, or even worse, that the availability of a bar at the venue had given my ears the evening off. Still, as long as you enjoy that night, what does it matter if they sound rough the next day.

Pineman100 15:27 17 May 09

I'm going to sound like an old fart (because I am one) but I don't go to concerts any more. I just get fed up with paying for a seat, and then having to stand all the way through, because that's what everyone in front of me is doing.

But I confess that I do miss the atmosphere of live performances. My last one was Jethro Tull, about 5 years ago. Fan-flippin-tastic.

Eargasm 22:38 17 May 09

I saw the "Barnsley Nightingale" a couple of weeks ago at Buxton Opera House and she was superb!!!

click here

tein 22:40 17 May 09

I had Rolan Gift talking too my neighbour the other day, he is friends with them!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…