Linux has too many problems!

octal 20:19 30 May 05

The guy in this forum click here
started out by trashing Linux, Xandros in particular, because he didn't understand it.

Due to the extraordinary patience of the guys/gal's in the forum they have talked him around, and virtually taught him how to use Linux/Xandros.

I just wanted to post this as an example in case anyone else is thinking of trying one of the Linux distributions, don't be afraid to ask questions in the dedicated forums, it doesn't matter how dumb you think the question is.

DieSse 21:24 30 May 05

You may have chosen a more appropriate title though IMHO

octal 21:31 30 May 05

OK, ticked resolved

octal 21:38 30 May 05

I've asked FE to remove

gudgulf 22:11 30 May 05

Well this has been a useful thread for me....I am gearing up for a dabble with Linux and have downloaded a number of "Live" distros and free versions to try out.Anything which points to an idiots guide is fine by me,whatever the title.

Thanks octal.

Pooke100 22:23 30 May 05

I am on a similar boat as you, it was a good read. I have been playing with live cd's for a month or so now.

Thanks Octal

DieSse 22:31 30 May 05

I'm actually using Xandros here right now.

Seemed dead easy to me, I must say.

DieSse 22:32 30 May 05

PS - I thought the post was fine - just the title gave the wrong impression.

Forum Editor 23:55 30 May 05

Admittedly the title might give a slightly wrong impression, but there's nothing wrong with the subject matter - let's leave it as it is for a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…