On-line electronic prices may increase

anchor 10:01 15 Nov 05

Just read this news in The Times newspaper:

click here

jbp1982 10:16 15 Nov 05

price fixing. nothing new...

gudgulf 10:42 15 Nov 05

Saw the same thing on the news last night.....and it doesn't suprise me that the main company mentioned is leading the way.

spuds 10:54 15 Nov 05

Nothing new, but I see the OFT and the European Commission are onto it ;O(.

pauldonovan 12:42 15 Nov 05

..I can see some logic in evening the playing field particularly between small, expert stores and online retailers.

Otherwise, people can go into a small, expert store, get all the advice they need then order the lot online at bargain prices and the small retailer loses and eventually goes away.

I'm about to spend a reasonable sum on a plasma tv and home cinema setup and as long as the small expert retailer who is advising me can do some kind of deal (not expecting him to match web prices) I will go with him as someone who has been incredibly helpful and who can offer a professional installation.

If anything I think the manufacturers should do the reverse and charge small retailers less for the products but I doubt we'll see that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…