Libyan forces 'capture Gaddafi'

Colonel* Graham 12:40 20 Oct 11

BBC

badgery 13:33 20 Oct 11

Which begs the most important question:-

Will you now be dropping 'Colonel' and his 'star' and reverting to plain 'Graham'?

(Seem to remember the adoption of these extras was prompted by the original 'Gaddafi' thread.)

wiz-king 13:56 20 Oct 11

badgery We may have to shoot him while he is running away from his hole in the ground!

Quickbeam 14:05 20 Oct 11

Coming next, the trial of the century...

SimpleSimon1 14:18 20 Oct 11

Coming next, the trial of the century...

Don't think so! Multiple [only partially confirmed] sources now reporting he's died of his wounds....

interzone55 14:44 20 Oct 11

He certainly looked dead in the photo that was briefly on BBC News home page, now been taken down...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15389550

Graham* 14:59 20 Oct 11

I have indeed returned to civvy street, albeit with a star - you can't get your old name back.

Aitchbee 17:19 20 Oct 11

I believe BBC have reported his death. I was in a Charity shop when I heard the news.Let's wish the people of Libya and the Transitional Council of Libya get things sorted.

Forum Editor 18:01 20 Oct 11

He's dead, according to the Libyan interim government. Nick Clegg has also confirmed the fact.

It must be a huge relief for the people who are going to have their work cut out trying to stabilise Libya over the coming months. The last thing they would have wanted was to have to worry about a Gaddafi resurgence gaining momentum behind their backs.

sunnystaines 18:02 20 Oct 11

good news.

now will it become a free moderate islamic country or an islamic state like iran went into after the shah run on Fundamentalism.

spuds 18:51 20 Oct 11

sunnystaines

Libya as always been a 'moderate' state compared to some other muslim states. The problem now might be what the Western World or other 'Powers' wants, and what the local people want, perhaps taking into consideration the way Iraq is turning out!.

Whatever the way forward, you can bet your bottom dollar, that there are many eyes looking at the situation?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5