LEXUS 2ltr car

shwinglow 21:55 05 Oct 10

am looking to buy a used Lexus(automatic)up to £3000 - can anybody let me know if they are a good buy - plus is deisel better than petrol and why - specs and running costs would be helpful

Why not try The Autotrader Magazine?

Noldi 11:51 06 Oct 10

click here

Here are some reviews.

Noldi

Woolwell 12:03 06 Oct 10

You've asked this before and had replies. I note that your original post seems to have been deleted.

Noldi 12:04 06 Oct 10

I have checked the link to a well know TV program Webb site and you get an error message.

jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting…..

Keeps loading Webb pages until you shut down computer. Will ask FE to remove.

Noldi

lotvic 12:13 06 Oct 10

I had no problem with link, loaded normally for me.

Using Firefox and on XPMCE

Chris the Ancient 12:43 06 Oct 10

Link worked for me.

OTT_B 12:48 06 Oct 10

Diesel vs petrol is always a tricky one; which one is better depends too much on the driver, driving style and mileage covered.

Keep in mind that diesels cost more second hand (and new) than petrol, so for a fixed £3000 budget you are either looking at an older car, or less car for your money on the equivelantly priced petrol car.
Diesel fuel is also very likely increase in price more than petrol over the next 3 years or so.

Are Lexus cars a good second hand buy? There's no definitive answer to that either. Reliability wise, they rate well, but because of the relatively good depreciated on them a lot of the cars are now outdated technologies. This means that other competing cars could be a generation newer and a generation more reliable.

My advice. Find a car you like the look of, for the momey you want to spend and with the equipemnt that makes you happy. If brand (image) is important that will narrow your choices considerably. But whatever you do, don't buy a specific brand because of perceived good reliability, but do avoid brands with what you perceive as having poor reliability.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…