The Lexicon of Teenspeak

peter99co 20:47 20 Apr 08

I looked to see if it contained the phrase 'it's pants' but could not find it. What does it mean please

click here

its rubbish..politely

peter99co 21:15 20 Apr 08

That's what teenagers talk on mobile phones isn't it?

ulrich 21:34 20 Apr 08

From what I have heard a lot of adults also talk pants on their mobile phones, on trains planes and buses, the supermarket, crossing the road without looking and a miriard of other places where they don't seem to have anything better to do.

rossgolf 21:56 20 Apr 08

you can kinda get the gist if you hear most of the stuff us teenagers say tbh

wee eddie 23:16 20 Apr 08

that it's out of date.

Whatever 'argot' that a group decides to use is dropped the moment it comes to be understood by individuals outside that group.

Earthsea 23:48 20 Apr 08

Fo sho, that's so bait cos when it gets clappin' it's well dred and I know, cos I'm from ends and well safa, and you'd have to be a fudge talkin' nim nim nim not to know that!

Forum Editor 23:50 20 Apr 08

Settle down, and take a deep breath. You'll be just fine.

wee eddie 07:23 21 Apr 08

The desire to pretend that you are from a different ethnic group that the one you are is understandable and is known as "A Right of Passage".

In other words ~ You'll grow out of it.

We did it ~ Out parents did it and I'm sure that their parents did it. Attempting to understand it is pointless, if one succeeds in anything more than an infinitesimal proportion, it will change, because that is it's nature.

Quickbeam 08:47 21 Apr 08

I first heard that phrase in the early '90s. It was used by the Radio One (yes I used to listen to that) film critic Mark Kermode, talking to DJ Simon Mayo.

He said some film was 'pants'. Mayo responded with "it's what?!, please explain". So it must have been newish at that time.

bof:) 19:08 23 Apr 08

have a look here

click here

bof:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now