lets blame the Badger...

Seth Haniel 08:58 22 Sep 09

click here

if you can't cull them let's tarnish their image ;)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:11 22 Sep 09

click here

but where would one of the best children's stories be without Mr Badger?

spuds 11:33 22 Sep 09

There doesn't seem to be any mention about restrictive fencing, slabbing,tarmacing and multi-back to back housing developments which is on the increase and limiting people's garden space. Or the lack of gardener's whose activities invite hedgehogs into their midst. Slug pellets, garden ponds didn't help much either!.

At once upon a time, hedgehog pie was rather delicious dish. With all the television programs about exotic foods and preparation, I wonder if that can be another reason for shortages. But I must say, that road kill in our area as definately gone on the decline over the past few years, when perhaps the badger population as shown a possible increase. Foxes are also known to be a bit partial to hedgehogs, under the right conditions, but then we will shortly have a change in law about culling them!.

interzone55 11:53 22 Sep 09

Badger Badger Badger Badger Mushroom...

click here

Belatucadrus 12:25 22 Sep 09

"Although badgers prefer a diet of earthworms"
A bit simplistic, around here badgers will eat almost anything, including vast quantities of windfall apples and grain. They also make very short work of carrion and kitchen leftovers. We used to have vole runs under the apple trees, but since the badgers arrived in force, they've gone.
The problem is that badgers are a powerful successful omnivore with no natural predators. Make no mistake I really like badgers, despite their tendency to leave holes in the lawn and deposit copious piles of dung under a couple of the trees. But their numbers are increasing and they do predate smaller animals so maybe and this is probably going to receive hate mail, somebody needs to look at controlling numbers.

jakimo 12:32 22 Sep 09

The real culprits of course are Homo Sapien,they spread across the planet without giving a thought to the animals habitat, perhaps someone should organise a cull,or at the very least a Homo Sapiens no-go area

A Novel Idea?

Grey Goo 15:11 22 Sep 09

Thought this post was about the Chancellor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant