Leona Lewis - an apology!

IClaudio 20:14 04 Dec 07

A year ago almost to the day, we were discussing Leona Lewis winning the X Factor, and I was rather derogatory, making some "rather crass and pointless" remarks, according to the FE, and saying that her voice would be "shot" within a couple of years.

Yet, here she is with one of the biggest-selling albums of all time...

So, I apologize whole-heartedly; this proves (at least) two things:
1. I haven't a clue what I'm talking about, and
2. errr, see above...

realist 20:20 04 Dec 07

Sorry, never heard of her.

Stuartli 20:29 04 Dec 07

Not living up to the handle then...:-)

Forum Editor 20:51 04 Dec 07

It takes character to say that, and to be honest what you said back then might have turned out to be right - then I would be the one to admit I was wrong.

Leona is doing OK, but then she can sing. In fact she's the first-ever British female artist to simultaneously top the U.K. singles and album charts, which isn't bad for a first album. Sustaining that kind of success isn't going to be easy, so let's see what happens.

mammak 21:03 04 Dec 07

I remember that thread well!

and Leona is doing pretty well for her self and I hope her success continues but as FE has already stated it is not going to be easy for her sustaining her success especially in todays music industry

good luck to her anyhow.

mrwoowoo 21:20 04 Dec 07

Leona Lewis has a fantastic singing voice with a fantastic vocal range.That said,success will only be ongoing according to the quality of the songs and song writers that work for her.
No one with a great voice will sell loads of records if the songs are rubbish,but if you have a bad voice and a great song it can still do well.
I hope the future songs are up to scratch.

alB 22:02 04 Dec 07

Our very own Pavvi (Paul Potts) doing very well, he got a fine review for his performance at last nights Royal Variety show here in Liverpool ...alB

Forum Editor 22:43 04 Dec 07

She'll get plenty of songs sent to her, of that you can be sure. It's then up to her and her record company to pick the right ones.

Stuartli 23:59 04 Dec 07

See:

click here

just one of a large number from the show.

Chegs ®™ 05:59 05 Dec 07

Leona Lewis sounds just like whitney houston,I just hope she doesnt fall from grace like whitney.

IClaudio 08:45 05 Dec 07

I haven't changed my opinion of her voice (as it was then, I haven't heard her since), and Chegs ®™ has just confirmed it ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…