A legend retires...

Quickbeam 18:38 17 Mar 08

No, not sporting click here Humphrey Lyttelton.

Apparently after nearly 40 years he wants time to follow other pursuits before he's too old!

peter99co 18:57 17 Mar 08

That will be worth recording

Curio 19:53 17 Mar 08

Hope he plays 'Bad Penny Blues'. One of the first 78s I ever bought.

Jim Thing 20:36 17 Mar 08

Sir, you are a man of impeccable taste.

peter99co 20:50 17 Mar 08

Tuned in and ready to record.

peter99co 23:35 17 Mar 08

Well that was good. What do we do now? Who is going to follow that?

Jim Thing 23:40 17 Mar 08

"Who is going to follow that?"

I don't think there are any giants left.

Stuartli 00:10 18 Mar 08

Humphrey seems to have been around for the whole of my life...:-)

Not that I'm not complaining in the slightest - he has always majestically enlightened my musical experiences.

Quickbeam 06:58 18 Mar 08

I've yet to listen to it on the iPlayer, I was watching the Peter Sellers biopic on BBC4.

After driving trucks for 20 years you get to know what's on every radio channel at all times of the day & night. Humphrey was an early discovery that I was unsure of at first, but he grew on me through his ridiculous show 'I'm sorry, I haven't a clue'.

There are some other modern gems on radio 2, that in time will be as old as him when they stop broadcasting, Steve Harley, Jules Holland, Paul Jones, Mike Harding,Suzie Quatro (she had a car named after her y'know)... etc.

laurie53 08:53 18 Mar 08

"Suzie Quatro"

Goes off into fantasy.

(Yes, I know it's sexist, but in some respects I am totally unreformed, and she's one of them!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…