Lee Rigby's killers sentenced today

john bunyan 18:16 26 Feb 14
Answered

I see that one of Lee Rigby's killers got a whole life sentence, and one a minimum of 45 years. It took 9 guards to subdue them when the judge said they had let down Islam. I hope senior Islamic clerics will applaud our Justice system. I suspect that they will cause further trouble in prison. It is difficult to know how to deal with such home grown fanatics.

Flak999 18:29 26 Feb 14

"It is difficult to know how to deal with such home grown fanatics."

It's not difficult! Solitary confinement, no access to television or radio, no access to any sort of religious paraphernalia, prison uniform, not their own clothes. Basically make their every waking moment from now until the day they die unbearable!

In a way, life without parole is a more fitting punishment for scum like this, death is to easy a way out for them.

Algerian peter ™ 18:38 26 Feb 14

"I see that one of Lee Rigby's killers got a whole life sentence, and one a minimum of 45 years."

I sincerely hope they spend every minute of the sentence in jail. The best would be that they fade into obscurity.

As th the comment from Flak999

"Basically make their every waking moment from now until the day they die unbearable!"

Is the sort of comment to radicalise more Muslims.

BT 08:47 27 Feb 14

I'd have thrown them to the lions, or at least the crowds, and save the country £millions in looking after them for the next 50 years.

HondaMan 10:09 27 Feb 14

I agree with Flak999 so far as solitary is concerned as well as the uniform. In fact, I think all prisoners in all circumstances should wear uniform.

bumpkin 13:49 27 Feb 14

I expect that they will appeal and be released in a few years due to some stupid ruling or another.

Forum Editor 13:45 28 Feb 14

"I'd have thrown them to the lions, or at least the crowds"

Thereby lowering yourself to their level, and providing an perfect recruiting boost for the radical, extremist Muslim element.

The way to deal with crimes like this one is by using the normal process of law. By doing so we demonstrate our ability to behave in a civilised way in the face of fundamentalist savagery.

Talk of making "their every waking moment from now until the day they die unbearable!" is simply gung-ho nonsense.

HondaMan 16:10 28 Feb 14

**The way to deal with crimes like this one is by using the normal process of law. By doing so we demonstrate our ability to behave in a civilised way in the face of fundamentalist savagery.

Read more: click here all very well if you are dealing with people with the same values as us, but we're not!

That's

HondaMan 16:12 28 Feb 14

Sorry - post got corrupted. Should read:

The way to deal with crimes like this one is by using the normal process of law. By doing so we demonstrate our ability to behave in a civilised way in the face of fundamentalist savagery.

That's all very well if you are dealing with people with the same values as us, but we're not!

fourm member 16:26 28 Feb 14
Answer

HondaMan

'That's all very well if you are dealing with people with the same values as us, but we're not!'

Some of the comments, here and elsewhere, suggest that there is not that great a difference between these two and the commenters.

(I'm deliberately using 'these two' because my belief is that the way to punish them is to forget their names as soon as possible.)

john bunyan 17:04 28 Feb 14

If you look at film of when the armed response police arrived at the scene of the crime, the culprits rushed toward them, armed. They were shot, but the police,on this occasion, seemed to be using the wrong weapons. If ever there was a case of lethal force being justified, this was surely it, and in many ways a lethal result would have solved many problems.

Now the have been sentenced, we must not let the world see we are dragged down to the level of these fanatics. I pity the staff who are going to have to deal with them, and hope they will not be given the opportunity to persuade others into their extreme beliefs. I wish the likes of Choudray would be more critical.

Woolwich

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…