Leaving your body to medical science.

Chronos the 2nd 11:44 AM 01 May 13

I would quite like to do this but it seems a pretty convoluted process to arrange.

Anyone done it? If so how did you go about it?

Quickbeam 11:49 AM 01 May 13

How to donate your body and a beginners guide, although I didn't know you could repeat the offer.

Quickbeam 11:52 AM 01 May 13

I know that you're serious, but 'Level 1: Short term body hire...?'

Mr Mistoffelees 12:08 PM 01 May 13

They won't mine, it's defective!

Quickbeam 12:10 PM 01 May 13

That's why they want them.

Bing.alau 12:42 PM 01 May 13

They can have mine as long as they check that I am gone. I thought there was a simple donor card method. If there isn't there should be. Isn't it possible to just put your name on a register, because I am sure I did so a good few years ago now. I also informed my family of my wishes.

If cutting me in to little bits and pieces helps a young medical student in his/her studies, the why not? If they want to discover why I am a genius then that's o.k by me too, they can fiddle around with my brain to their heart's content as well. I wonder why the brain seems to be a separate item for donating?

Quickbeam. Thanks for the link, I shall now have a go at making sure I am perhaps more useful to somebody, after I am dead and gone, than I have been previously.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:02 PM 01 May 13

Think they are practising on my body already - went to And E with a simple problem of something stuck in my throat and this morning got a letter from a surgeon saying they want to open me up next month :0(

Much rather wait until I'm gone then they can do what they like.

Bing.alau 16:53 PM 01 May 13

Well I bit the bullet and e-mailed the contact in Liverpool University. Got a quick reply saying application form will be in the post today. Sounds like they are pretty efficient.

Chronos the 2nd 17:13 PM 01 May 13

Emailed Edinburgh University and I await a reply. I must admit that was a strange email to write, but I did try to lighten it somewhat by putting in the subject box the question "Do you want my body?"

Quickbeam 19:04 PM 01 May 13

Don't let them talk you into an early handover date.

morddwyd 19:37 PM 01 May 13

My father always made his wishes pretty clear that he wanted his body to go to science.

When he went not only did they not want it, which would have grieved him greatly, but they were pretty offhand about the whole matter and gave me twenty four hours to remove his body from the hospital mortuary.

My views are a little jaundiced!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know