Laziness?

rickf 16:55 29 Jan 12
Answered

Does this forum make comp users lazy? I have found that most answers looked for can easily be found just by googling or a youtube demo etc. Seems most just head straight to a forum like this to have their hands held, a lazy way out. I shall now go and hide before my head gets chopped off.

OTT_B 17:12 29 Jan 12

"Does this forum make comp users lazy?"

Apparently it does, yes!

wiz-king 17:22 29 Jan 12

Google is not as intelligent as the people on here. They can often understand the hidden questions and sort of the wheat from the chaff on the most obstruce postings.

Forum Editor 17:45 29 Jan 12

I think that if Google searching was as easy as you appear to believe, our Helproom and Consumerwatch forums would have died a death years ago.

They haven't,so people must feel that our 'personal touch' approach is a better way of getting answers.

carver 19:47 29 Jan 12

I was going to post a reply but *wiz-king * has said it all.

namtas 19:57 29 Jan 12

I don't know if a help forum makes people lazy or not, I do however detect that many do not appear to know how to use search engines to obtain information

Number six 01:03 30 Jan 12

And most of the solutions obtained from a google search will direct you to forums - like this one!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 30 Jan 12

"Before you post your own thread, try using our search facility - it may save you (and us) some valuable time."

anyone recognise where this quote comes from?

Some people just do not know how to use a search facility so the helpers just go with the flow.

As previously stated, it can be hard just asking the question and the helpers need to interpret first. Sometimes the post is so vague we need several attempts to get enough information to even start giving any advice.

Aitchbee 10:10 04 Feb 12
Answer

Xpig - I disagree :0(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…