Latest review, GTR2

Mr Mistoffelees 21:35 31 Dec 06

If you like motor racing games you really should buy this. I thought TOCA Race Driver 3 was pretty good but it is like an old arcade game compared to GTR2. Don't be fooled by "newcomers to the series may find it easy to get to grips with the latest version of GTR" because it is not easy. To get the best out of a car on a particular circuit takes practise and careful car setup. The review also warns that the graphics are demanding. I have an Athlon64 4000+ and a GeForce 6800GS (overclocked) and it handles a grid-full of cars with smooth frame rates running at 1280x1024 and detail turned up quite high. The excellent sound effects also add much to the game. This is the best,most realistic, most involving, enjoyable and mentally demanding racing game I have played.

Joe R 21:45 31 Dec 06

Mr Mistoffelees,

will maybe give this a try, as I have been pretty underwhelmed by EA's latest NFS carbon.

I wish manufacturers would stop adding to each and every version, side-effects, which take more of the actual racing side out of the game.

P.S., Is it the Gainward card you have.? If so you have virtually the same set-up as myself.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:49 31 Dec 06

My card is from Inno 3D and wound up as far as it will go without stability issues.

Joe R 21:56 31 Dec 06

My Gainward runs normally at 485Mhz core clockspeed, and the memory runs at 1300Mhz.

These are Gainwards own "safe settings", but I've had them running at 565 & 1480Mhz, without any problems, and my GPU temp has never been above 45%.

Mr Mistoffelees 22:07 31 Dec 06

You should have no problem, I run at 485MHz and 1150MHz. It might go faster but at these settings it is happy in even the hottest weather.

ulrich 22:08 31 Dec 06

Plays great, the only problem I have is no surround sound. I have 7.1 which work ok but not with GTR2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…