The latest poll - is it silly?

Totally-braindead 19:25 24 Apr 06

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious here, but we have a computer forum for people to get help/give help for computer problems. So does it strike anyone else that the latest poll is just a bit silly. I mean I'm sure theres some people in here that only use a computer because they have to but for the vast majority of us its a really daft question do you not think?

Jackcoms 19:29 24 Apr 06

"just a bit silly".

No, in a Forum such as this, it's completely and utterly pointless.

SG Atlantis® 19:30 24 Apr 06

it's a bit of fun.

almost 70% chose the first option, as did I.

I only noticed thanks to your thread.

Forum Editor 19:31 24 Apr 06

if even the few responses received so far are anything to go by, and frankly, if you think it's a really daft question you can simply ignore it, can't you?

We seem to have a thread like this almost every time, and I'm always rather surprised that anyone gets so intense about it - if you're not interested, ignore the poll, it's simple really.

Forum Editor 19:32 24 Apr 06

as was your post.

Totally-braindead 19:36 24 Apr 06

Yeah, I chose the first option as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks its a stupid question. I mean some of the questions have been quite good and the only complaints most people have made about them is the choices haven't been great in some cases. But this time, well, I suppose I can't think its that daft as I voted but I really don't see the point.

Maybe that is the point! Its a cunning plan to..........do something? Who knows.

Totally-braindead 19:45 24 Apr 06

I'll consider myself told off FE but I still think its daft. I could have ignored it but I did it out of habit and it was only after I voted I thought "wait a minute thats an odd thing to ask".
I'm not getting intense I was just trying to get a bit of light hearted banter going about it as I thought it was funny and did not intend to offend.

I'll tick it as resolved.

SG Atlantis® 19:48 24 Apr 06

You're reading to much into it...

It only a forum poll, not some sort of government referenda is it?

In actual fact it's not so bad a question It's been pointed out before that we aren't all enthusiasts on here. Not everyone are depended on their machines for fun or work, not everyone enjoys using there machines and not everyone is expert helpers. I know people that own PCs and they never use them and that's nuts/stupid/silly IMO.

It's a computer related question on a computer related forum.

anskyber 19:48 24 Apr 06

I suppose its a version of how geeky do you think you are.

Totally-braindead 19:51 24 Apr 06

anskyber I like that, I must be terrible geeky then.

Forum Editor 19:56 24 Apr 06

Exactly, and I wanted to find out how many of us were wedded to our machines, and how many weren't.

So far we've had around 40 responses, and only half of those people have voted for the first option - perhaps the poll isn't "completely and utterly pointless" after all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…