The latest PCA poll

TopCat® 22:10 30 Oct 07

Out of 1321 votes cast at this time, 41.3% 'couldn't care less about its effect on the environment' and 17% 'don't know and don't care.' Tut, tut! Is this really what these voters think about the environment?

Just on observations since the poll began, but the percentage has always headed the above, so far. TC,

Snec 22:47 30 Oct 07

>>Just on observations since the poll began, but the percentage has always headed the above, so far.<<

I must admit I can't understand what that means at all. What do you mean?

rdave13 22:52 30 Oct 07

If you want a lean, mean fast machine and you have the bucks then 'green' won't come to mind methinks.

TopCat® 00:14 31 Oct 07

Sorry, I was rushing things. The first option has always had the higher percentage since the poll started, reads better.

rdave13 - I hear what you say and when I bought this so-called powerful PC over two years ago I never thought too much about being 'green. I have started to take more notice of it as the power consumption of this machine is quite high.

Thankfully things are changing on the hardware front as the new CPUs made on the 45nm die - from a 90nm one - will be less power hungry and also run cooler. There is already a fast GPU card out now that runs so cool, and is so thin, that it takes up just one PCI slot. The chip manufacturers are heeding the call and doing their best to respond. I hope to respond accordingly when I upgrade this machine next year. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…