Latest motoring safety testing video

TOPCAT® 14:31 07 Oct 06

This two minute video clip - found at click here - shows something of what is currently going on in the motor industry to make cars safer. All this comes at a price of course, but one device called Electric Stability Control, which adds around £400 pounds to the car price, is well worth it in my estimation.

I believe that anything that makes for safer driving on our roads should be fitted in our vehicles as standard. It's a pity there isn't a brain training device available for those irresponsible drivers seen daily on our roads. TC.

Cymro. 14:43 07 Oct 06

Someone once said that if you made a driver drive with a large carving knife tied to the centre of the steering wheel and pointing straight at his heart and then removed his seat belt he would be the best and safest driver ever.
No I am not seriously suggesting this, but it makes you think. The safer we think our cars are the less likely we are to think we will be killed in any accident and so are apt to drive more dangerously.

ulrich 19:34 07 Oct 06

I don't like the knife idea as I can't control other drivers, I do like to drive fast, unfortunatel I only own a Fiesta 1.25.

Chegs ®™ 05:28 08 Oct 06

"I do like to drive fast, unfortunatel I only own a Fiesta 1.25."

It will still go fast enough to kill or seriously injure others and all your going to do thrashing it is knacker its engine prematurely,waste fuel and get on others nerves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced