At last a victory

Legolas 20:08 26 Sep 08

I am a frequent visitor to the Isle of Arran (5 times this year so far)and normally stay at the North end of the island. The last few times I have stayed at the Catacol Bay Hotel.

I was there last week and just after I arrived I went to the bar for a drink (soft) and something to eat and the owner asked if I had seen the footage of the local football team (Northend Thistle)on sky sports. Northend Thistle are famous or should I say infamous for not having won a competitive game for 18 years, the North end of the island is sparsely populated so not a lot of people to choose from. Sky sports got wind of this and decided to do a piece on the team, they sent over Jeff Stelling and a camera crew and filmed them in a friendly against Brodick from the south end of the Island, Norman the hotel owner proceeded to show me the coverage which is now on utube.

Northend Thistle won although it doesn't really count as it was not an official competitive game.

The resulting footage is hilarious and well worth seeing. The guy with the long hair in a ponytail is one of the barmen in the Catacol Bay Hotel and he scored a hat-trick, the goalie in the yellow jersey is Norman the Catacol Bay Hotel owner.

Watch out for the end of the video when they go back to the studio and the panel of the day including Charlie Nicholas who cannot speak for laughing take a look click here

birdface 09:16 27 Sep 08

Well there you go I heard that the Glasgow Rangers scout that was there signed up the whole team saying that they were better than the team that they have already got.I suppose its not the winning its the taking part that counts and the booze up afterwards.All good fun.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…