Lake Windermere Monster

interzone55 08:54 18 Feb 11

click here

Why is it that these types of photos are always nicely blurred?

Quickbeam 09:02 18 Feb 11

Is this all you can come up with for the third disaster thread of the week...;)

spider9 09:05 18 Feb 11

Ah, the tourist season will soon be upon us!!
Is it me or does that phto appear to have been taken from a height way above water level? From a kayak?

carver 09:15 18 Feb 11

He was standing on step ladders in the kayak when he took the photo, it was the only way to get the blurred image.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:59 18 Feb 11

Hmmmmm....let me think..oncoming holiday season....bookings down due to the dire economic climate/impending job cuts and the fact that 2 weeks abroad costs a third of 2 weeks in the rain....advertising is v.expensive and tourist boards are skint due to cuts. I'm sure that these facts are unrelated.

G

gardener 10:28 18 Feb 11

'Last night experts hailed the snap as the best proof yet...'

Experts in what?

spuds 10:33 18 Feb 11

"Why is it that these type of photo are always nicely blurred?".

Perhaps Fear :O)

johndrew 10:56 18 Feb 11

Even Nessie needs to take a holiday sometime and, as said above, in the current economic climate even he/she/it has money troubles. What better than a local change of water!! ;-)

Seth Haniel 11:17 18 Feb 11

judging by the witnesses they were keen to be as far away as possible from the event :)

Seth Haniel 12:58 18 Feb 11

good job it wasn't in the Daily Mail it wouldn't have been allowed on this forum :)

Bapou 16:06 18 Feb 11

It's that hotel owner who loves swimming in the lake and features in every episode of the The Lakes series on ITV.

He's tried the English Channel twice but never made it to France so every night he's in Lake Windermere, loves the publicity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…