Ladies and Gentlemen - a toast......

LastChip 22:32 25 Dec 06

As I turned on one of my computers tonight, it went into AVG update mode automatically and believe it or not, that triggered a thought.

Even as we have all enjoyed our Christmas day, there are many that have to continue to work every day of the year, no matter what.

Of course, Doctors and Nurses immediately spring to mind, but there are a host of folk that have been working today, so that we may enjoy our time. Utility workers (electricity, gas and water) Police officers and so on. Even a few dedicated researchers writing those definitions so our computers will not become infected.

So may I offer a toast to all of you; most of who are probably not fully appreciated.

Thank you for your work throughout the year and a very Happy Christmas to you all!

Brumas 22:36 25 Dec 06

I'll second that.

interzone55 22:48 25 Dec 06

You know what, I had the exact same thought as my Avast software updated itself. Plenty of people work Christmas & new year so other people can enjoy themselves in piece.

Whilst we're on the subject I mention shop workers, I know there is another thread on a similar subject, but it's worth pointing out that all the shop staff worked their socks off until 4 or 5pm yesterday, serving hoards of people, and putting up with atrocious behaviour from customers, then they have to go back to work tomorrow for the sales. Please raise a glass in honour of these people that keep capitalism afloat.

interzone55 22:49 25 Dec 06

btw That's enjoy ourselves in PEACE not piece

Forum Editor 23:52 25 Dec 06

Not forgetting that in doing so they also keep themselves afloat - it's not a one-way thing.

lisa02 09:13 26 Dec 06

*blushes*

A toast in honour of me (shop staff), how nice!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…